Tuesday, March 27, 2007

hijacked review

Mel Gibson's Apocalypto doesn't come out on DVD for a few more months but I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since I saw it. There's a lot I want to say about this film and if you've seen it I'd like to hear your thoughts as well. Anyway, the film starts out with... uh, this guy who... sorry, hang on a second...


Danny Glover, what are you doing here?




"Man, who cares about some dead civilization anyway? Forget Apocalypto, it's time for A Nice Calypso. You ready fellas?"



"Ready, Danny!"




"Attention everybody! It is time...to dance!"



"Yay!"



"Limbo time!"





"Not if I have anything to say about it!"




"Jazz music should never be infused with the loin-stirring rythms of the islands. I'm here to shut down this little party."


"On no, it's The Coz! His angry gaze has frozen me mid-beat."




"Don't worry everybody. I'll take care of The Coz."





"Curses! Danny Glover!"



"You win this time Glover, but suffer no delusions: next time I hear the clink of a steel drum you better watch your back."




"Man, I'm gettin' too old for this shit."




"Yay!"



Well. That was unusual. Maybe I'll talk about Apocalypto some other time.

4 comments:

  1. Danny Glover's A Calypso is like my favorite thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill Cosby needs to get back to "Dad is great! He give us chocolate cake!" and that kind of thing. He's scary here. All crotchety and shiz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And an Uncle Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine being on the receiving end of that Cosby Curse. Fwoosh! My hair is suddenly like sraw!

    Didn't I see OJ in a cameo in this piece? Top writing, b. Most hootworthy.

    ReplyDelete