- ate part of a Hot n' Ready
- drank a dead man's beer
- wrote a blues song about drinking a dead man's beer
Okay, I didn't really drink a dead man's beer. But the opportunity was there. Also, don't you think that would make a great blues song? I'm not talking about that Chicago style blues music, the kind that goes "I got the blues! I got the blues so bad!" but that spooky Southern blues.
- Went to Target, bought t-shirt, looked for ipod speakers (unsuccessful).
- Went to Car-Max to give my friend a ride after he sold his car.
- Ate a Costco hot dog even though my membership has expired. Take that, Costco!
- Saw Pan's Labyrinth. Good movie. Later I looked up the Spanish Civil War on wikipedia but I didn't bother to read the entry because it was too long, much as this entry has turned out to be.
- But did you know that the guy playing the Faun in Pan's Labyrinth is the same guy that played Mac Tonight in the old McDonald's commercials? Whenever I see Utah Jazzman Andrei Kirilenko I think of Mac Tonight. Also that same guy was Tom Cruise's hand-double in Interview with the Vampire.
- (That thing I mentioned about Interview with the Vampire is foreshadowing).
- Fondue at The Melting Pot. A complicated experience that was kind of fun but the waitress was rude. Also I drank an appletini.
- (I ordered the appletini as a joke. I would never drink something so froofy.
- (it tasted really good though)
- Ridiculous Purchase Adventure Day!
- What if I told you there was a store. A store where you could buy batteries, DVD copies of The Matrix Revolutions, cases of Shasta, almost expired canned goods, teethpaste, Nicaraguan basketball jerseys, floppy disks, giant novelty scissors, a Brett Favre autographed photo, a porcelain statue of Moses (next to a porcelain statue of Mr. Spock), a set of Presidential pocket knives, a wooden carving of a nude woman's torso, and a sky-blue Western cut suit with Ostrich-skin epaulets? Would you believe me that such a store exists? Well it does.
- After leaving that store, visited the Latino Mall. I didn't know it existed until we drove by. Really one of the nicest malls I've ever seen, but they don't have any cool stores.
- Next stop, some cowboy store. Tried to convince my geologist friend to buy a duster and a cowboy hat.
- Another cowboy store. Tried on some cowboy shirts but it turns out they're not for me.
- Saw a prostitute conducting a negotiation on State St.
- Went to a vintage clothing store, nearly bought a pair of emerald-green loafers but they didn't have my size. I didn't end up purchasing anything during Ridiculous Purchase Adventure Day, but one of my associates got a pair of snakeskin boots.
- Attended a Roller Derby competition. Did not compete.
- Saw Hot Fuzz at the drive-in, drank Mexican Soda.
- ("Mexican Soda" is not a euphemism, but it sounds like it could be. "Hey Jimmy guess what? This Big Gulp is half Fanta, half Tequila!" "Well you got yourself a Mexican Soda there.")
- Made biscuits.
- (didn't actually make them, but I assisted in the gathering of the ingredients).
- Watched the last half of Signs.
- (Spoiler: Mel Gibson dislikes Jews).
- Sat in a sweat-lodge with one of my favorite associates and watched the first half of Interview with the Vampire. I'd never seen it before, but I did read part of the book. Furthermore, the plantation where Brad Pitt lived for the first part of the movie? I have totally been there!
- Some light yard-work. But I live in a yardless apartment! How is this possible? The answer, my friends, is Science.
- Watched the first half of the big game while laundering my t-shirts (gentle cycle, cold water)
- Relocated, watched the second half of the big game.
- Relocated, laundered the whites, took a terrible and spiteful nap.
- Relocated, made waffles.
- Went to the store, saw a guy with a t-shirt advertising the Adam Sandler film The Waterboy.
- Relocated, watched Sopranos and Entourage.