Wednesday, October 22, 2008

does it sound like i'm ordering a pizza?

See, we have this restaurant we go to for events with the Sampson side of the family. It's a long story, involving gift certificates and tigers. But we always go there. It's called Madeline's, named after Secretary Albright.



Here's the thing about this sign...

I think it's supposed to imply that the gentleman for whom the sign applies hunts often. But really, everyone hunts on days that end in Y. I went hunting once in 1994, so I could also say that I only hunt on days that end in Y.

Here's Mikey posing with the stupid Lincoln Towncar.

I never told that story, but my car was sabotaged, probably by a Gila Monster, and needed two weeks in the shop. My insurance covered the rental but all they had was this thing. I was embarrassed to be seen in it. What am I, a seventy year old man? Plus, the luxury. Don't even get me started on the luxury of it all.

Dudes, I am soooo good at pin ball. Especially when the ball moves really slow.


I worked Saturday and Sunday and experienced technical difficulties. I was on the phone with our IT guys for hours as I ran around the building finding strategically placed bits of technology and trying to repair them using only sweat and force of will. It was a lot like Die Hard. Actually, it was exactly like Die Hard. Look at what I had to deal with?


yeah.

5 comments:

  1. you're right. i can't even think of chain link fences without thinking of die hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait, also, which do you think is worse? your lincoln town car or the HHR i had to drive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to dwell - and I realise you don't really seem like you want to talk about it, but I would love to hear the story about the gift certificates and tigers that lead to you patronising a restaraunt.

    Or actually any story you have about tigers would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Bundesliga promises loads of action 2010, with three teams perfect for competing for any prize. Germany's formidable showing along at the 2006 Community Cup helped help league while in the eyes for many spectators, and it have become extra competitive due to this fact. www.scorespro.com

    ReplyDelete