Friday, July 11, 2008

auteur theory

I've noticed an odd phenomenon at the movies lately. The last four pictures I've been to I've seen people walk in about an hour into the movie. They have a big full bucket of popcorn and drinks and they stand there in the dark trying to decide where to sit.

You see what's happened, is they've walked into the wrong theater. This is disturbing for a variety of reasons. The theater number is printed on the ticket, and posted in front of the proper auditorium. Then someone takes your ticket, and despite their adversities they courageously tell you which theater to go to. Furthermore, can't these people tell when they walk in that something isn't right? I mean I guess they just assume that they're a few minutes late, but still.

I guess the thing that worries me the most is that this has only started happening recently. I don't like this new direction that we the people are taking. Oh well. Guess it's just another thing for Obama to take care of.

I bring this up because I've thinking alot about movies lately. My screenwriting career hasn't taken off like I'd hoped. It's time for me to get crackin', so this week I've been brainstorming and I've come up with tons of plot ideas for different movies and I wanted to share a few:

- heist gone wrong
- two people don't like each other at first
- some assholes go to college
- misfit triumphant
- boobs n' monsters
- funny accents
- there's nothing in the rulebook that says a Dachshund can't play third base
- based on the graphic novel nobody has ever heard of
- old people skydive
- the robots have started thinking for themselves
- rappin' animals (cgi)

6 comments:

  1. Put me down for admission one to Boobs 'n' Monsters. It sounds like a great flick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. see my last theater experience left me incredulous. There were three teenagers sitting behind us and they were actually not texting on their cell phones they were talking on them and talking out loud to each other in LOUD voices. I finally turned around and asked them if they were watching the movie. I asked them to keep it down. It was quiet for about 2 minutes and then it went right back to loud. I felt like such an old fuddy duddy but sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any reason one couldn't combine all those winning plots? Leave no demographic unturned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right! I should git r' done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to work in development. Have your agent call me about that dachshund spec.

    ReplyDelete