Friday, February 22, 2008

News on the March

Item! How many Tomato Snacks can B. eat during an hour-long episode of Lost?


Sixteen.


All told I think I ate two tomatoes and half a baguette. My friend JenP makes these every week for Lost and I like them so much that this week she made me my own platter. Mmmmm.

Item! This is what Salt Lake looks like right now.



It's also what my lungs feel like. I have a bit of a cold, but the Valley is also suffering from an inversion, which traps the smog and suffocates us all. We need a good storm to clear it out. The hazy air makes me angry and it feels like I should be able to complain to someone, but I guess I'm part of the problem since I drive a gas-guzzling SUV.

Item! A while ago I mentioned that I'm a big fan of comic/pin-up artist Josh Howard. I contacted him by e-mail and we made arrangements for him to draw an original piece for me. He has his own characters and also does great interpretations of various pop-culture sci-fi/fantasy icons. I had a hard time deciding what to have him draw but finally it hit me like a bolt of lightning. Rosie the Riveter! I've always kind of had a thing for Rosie.


I got my piece in the mail today and I couldn't be happier. So cool. I wish I could draw curves like that.



Item! Finally, sad news out of the B. camp as the cat, Wiggie passed away on Wednesday.

19 years old! He was a great little animal. Very mellow, just liked to hang out and eavesdrop on conversations. He always watched The Wire with me, though I'm not sure if he enjoyed the show or if I was just sitting in his spot. Catch you later on down the trail buddy.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Wiggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wiggie is at play in the fields of the lord now. Glad I had the chance to meet you, furry little man. You were one of the good ones.

    Wow Josh did a great job with Rosie!! her outfit rules. I like those shoes. And her eyebrows. Hip and resolved she is. Now have someone turn her into your first tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing Wiggie's picture is like taking a line drive to the heart.

    I didn't even realize how much we kept tabs on him - making a mental note of his whereabouts in the house, so even if you weren't hanging with him, the picture of where you saw him last was sort of there in the back of your mind. Now that he's not here, I don't know what to do with that habit. (Maybe I'll start keeping closer tabs on B).

    He was as good of a pet as anyone could hope for. I don't think he ever did anything wrong, unless you count the time he ate a grasshopper whole and then puked it up, minus it's head.

    If we ever get another cat we'll have to name her Rosie, because she'll have a tough job ahead of her.

    ReplyDelete