Thursday, July 5, 2007

Canyonero

Thursday neon for you from the sleepy burg of Tusayan, AZ. Snapped these last February while on a road trip to the south rim of the Grand Canyon.

Not my favorite pictures by any means, but it was an awesome trip, so yeah.

We stayed at the Red Feather Lodge. I don't know how old it is, but the name alone invokes a bygone era.

The bygone era I'm referring to is back when the Native Americans still roamed the land.




Tusayan isn't exactly a happening place, and our first night there we went in search of food at the city's only luxury hotel, the Holiday Inn Express. Did not find food, but did find this.




Here's the Red Feather during daylight hours. When I took this I was outside by myself and the air was completely still save for the cries of a thousand crows. I thought I had walked out into Dawn of the Dead or maybe The Stand.





There ya go.
By the way, one of the other blogs I participate in, Adventure Squadron, has been updated with an entry from Joy. Go over and ch-ch-check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment