Friday, January 2, 2009

of matters new year

Does anyone even like New Years Eve? Is there a more depressing song than Auld Lang Syne? No; no. That's the end of this discussion.

This Eve, or last Eve I don't know how to designate it, I hosted a Friendly Get-Together (not a party) and I think everyone had a good time. If you were there and didn't have a good time feel free to chime in. But you're wrong.

Best part? Obviously the Bryton Burgers. Or B-Burgers. The B-Burger is like a midnight kiss, but for your mouth. I kind of want a new name for them. Suggestions?



In all seriousness, thanks to everyone for coming. It was one of my best New Years', so right on.

Only a couple of other New Years Eves stand out. Like 2006 when I went to Beaver to work on my as yet unpublished coffee table book, Chairs of Central Utah.


In 2003/4 I celebrated New Years in Times Square. I was a couple days late but I'm counting it. Strangest thing. Times Square was completely abandoned. It was 11pm on a Sunday. Not a soul around. It was like Vanilla Sky. Underrated movie if you ask me, but maybe you disagree.


Funny thing. I don't remember how I got to Times Square. Not because time has past. I didn't remember even when this picture was being taken. I do remember that I gave a dollar to a bum because I thought he was Strider the DĂșnadan

Resolutions? Nah. I mean, the standard ones I suppose. I'd like to be better. I'd like everything to be better. There we go.

2009: More Betterness.

4 comments:

  1. More Betterness. Amen to that. Bring it, 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, next time I see you, I would like to be handed a Bryton Burger.

    I realize how unlikely that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, you're wrong. he often carries around raw hamburger, chedder cheese and burger relish just in case someone gets a craving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want a bryton burger. also there are great burgers @ millcreek cafe on 33rd.

    ReplyDelete