Tuesday, April 8, 2008

rejuvenated rocketship

Hi. Long time since I've updated. I'm not dead, I haven't been stoned to death. All I'll say is, the internet is a helluva place to lose a cow.

Just in case you were thinking I wasn't an idiot, yesterday my car broke down. Turns out I ran out of gas. Then once I finally filled it up I noticed it was running very sluggishly the rest of the day. Turns out the emergency brake was on. To be fair, my indicator lights indicated neither.

Friday night the Utah Jazz embarrassed the Spurs of Saint Antoine's. Which reminds me, I went to a game earlier this week.

I get so embarrassed by in-game entertainment. Does anyone enjoy this stuff?


"Larry! I've got it!"

"How can we lose with Jazzbots on the team?"

"Um... is that legal?"

"There's nothing in the rulebook that says a time-travelling robot can't play small forward."

"Why do they have to be time travelling?"

"Because basketball playing robots haven't been invented yet, duh."


Here Mikey enjoys a snack.

You can't spell "Microsuede" without "blurry photography."


We won!



After Friday's game we watched Plan 9 from Outer Space, which I have never seen.

It's pretty great. The best part is that the majority of the movie is just people standing around talking a lot.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Then we watched some Mystery Science Theater 3000, a cult classic that I have also never seen. This installment was The Horrors of Spider Island. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. Plus, hotchuma hotchuma am I right?

Scott sat in his usual chair.

A lot of moving took place this weekend. I'm on month three of my big move, and I'm almost 10% done. Saturday morning I helped Emily move into this neighborhood.


This is one of her room-mates. She likes to compare him to Orson Welles. Not because he's fat, but because he's a cinematic genius.


I was repayed with these comically huge pancakes.


I helped Chris move too, but my contributions were slight. Even though I am very strong, I mostly handled door duty.

Later that night while walking out of my apartment I walked headfirst into a low-hanging tree branch. This was a thick branch mind you, and I hit it so hard I broke it right off the tree. There is absolutely no reason that this happened.



I am reinstating my personal prohibition amendment. Starting... now.

Oh! Last night me and Emily watched Metropolis. It's a silent film from 1927 but it's stunning. I can't stop thinking about it.



edit: looks like I've gone back to using capital letters. Old habits die hard I suppose.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, that's our neighborhood that you helped Emily move to. I think. If that picture is looking at the capitol from the west, then it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotchuma Hotchuma indeed...and that guy certainly has the look of a cinematic genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tai, the picture was taken a little bit south of the capitol, on the edge of city creek canyon. still relatively close though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that cat sure looks suspicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could you, Bryton, never have seen Mystery Science Theatre? I am disguested with you! Try and find the "Danger Death Ray" one. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must respectfully disagree with the above comment regarding MST3K. Clearly the best is "Time Chasers." Or perhaps "Track of the Moon Beast." Or even "I Accuse My Parents." Depends on what your favorite bad film sub-genre is. In any case, you've got a lot of catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete