Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mild Weekend Report

Hey folks. Solid weekend. Totally solid. No out of town friends, no crazy capers, no riduculous purchases, but still totally solid.

Friday
  • Enjoyed some homemade eggplant parmigiana and a leafy green salad.
  • I didn't make it myself though.
  • I'm not good at making ethnic food.
  • Never tried, really.
  • Man, I ate so much mozzarella that night.

Saturday

  • Blah
  • Blah blah
  • Movie Night! The good folks at Harrison Ave. II set up a projector and an sheet in their backyard for a good ol' fashioned picture show.
  • Huge variety of tasty snacks at this thing. Very impressive. I enjoyed some cinammon-sugar pita chips and popcorn in a paper cone.
  • First up is Raiders of the Lost Ark. Possibly one of the few "perfect" movies. It's almost as if the script was written by a super computer.
  • Here's some fun trivia: the actor that played Indiana Jones is the same actor that played Dr. Richard Kimble in the Fugitive.
  • Next in the double feature, Three Amigos. I enjoyed this movie as a youngster but I'll admit I rolled my eyes when this went into the DVD player. What a fool was I! Pretty hilarious movie.
  • "It's a sweater!"
  • "I have this stopwatch."
  • "For some people shyness is their El Guapo."

Sunday

  • Failed miserably at charcoal grilling. Miserably. Next time I'll use lighter fluid.
  • Watched some Entourage and some Flight of the Conchords, enjoyed me some snack.
  • Picked up the Antarctica Starts Here kids at the airport. They were in L.A. and sat next to Bosom Buddies star Tom Hanks at some diner. Neat.

End transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment